As 2022 passes into our rearview mirror, we pause to reflect on the year’s highlights in terms of service to others. At Tyndale, our focus on charitable giving is at the heart of our organization, and our employee “members” never fail to deliver when asked to volunteer their time, talents, and resources to make a difference in our communities and beyond. Over the past year, our Proud to Help Committee, founded by Tyndale CEO, Gail Whittenberger, rallied support from the entire organization to make significant contributions to causes nominated by our members.
Key Proud to Help Donation Stats:
- Over $25,000 in funds
- 415 pounds of canned goods
- Dozens of DIY pet toys
- Hundreds of Toys for Tots
- Countless volunteers who made it all possible…
- ONE Tyndale!
Below are the organizations and initiatives Tyndale supported in 2022:
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) – Tyndale donated a portion of proceeds from garments purchased by Tyndale members that were embellished with a green ribbon mental health awareness logo. Additionally, monthly emails provided members with information on mental health topics and resources to assist them or their loved ones if seeking support for mental illness.
- Special Olympics PA – Tyndale sponsored a team to participate in the Lehigh Valley Polar Plunge. Four brave Tyndale members were “freezin’ for a reason” to support Special Olympics PA, which provides sports training and Olympic-style competitions for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Crisis Center of West Texas – Tyndale held a “No More/No Mas” domestic violence awareness campaign and sponsored a drive to donate clothing, supplies, and funds to the Crisis Center of West Texas, an organization that provides shelter and free services to domestic and sexual abuse survivors. A framed artwork memorial was gifted to the center, dedicated to a beloved Tyndale member.
- Ukrainian Humanitarian Relief – Tyndale members donated items and funds to the Ukrainian Educational and Cultural Center (UECC) in Jenkintown, PA to support the Ukrainian National Women’s League of America (UNWLA). Members also rallied to support other organizations providing humanitarian relief and Tyndale donated FR garments directly to the military in Ukraine.
- National Park Trust and Other Earth Day Activities – In addition to donating funds to the National Park Trust, Tyndale distributed pollinator-friendly flower seed packets to members, planted a native tree at each of our distribution centers, and organized a clean-up event at Gardenville Fields, a park near our PA facilities.
- Freedom Service Dogs of America (FSD) – Tyndale hosted a Cornhole Tournament and Bingo Event at our PA Distribution Center; proceeds were donated to FSD. Tyndale also generously donated as a Participating Sponsor for the FSD 2022 Faces of Freedom Sporting Clays Tournament event in Midland, Texas.
- Houston Humane Society and Montgomery County SPCA – Tyndale members participated in a Pet Photo Contest, a “Make Your Own” Pet Toy event, and a pet supply donation drive to support these two animal welfare organizations.
- Philabundance – A group of Tyndale members traveled to the Philabundance food donation sorting center in Philadelphia to deliver 291 pounds of donated food. The group also volunteered their time and energy to prepare food boxes for distribution to those who struggle with hunger.
- Habitat for Humanity in Houston – Tyndale members contributed monetary donations and showed their support for a family benefitting from this organization by sharing well wishes on a framed keepsake to hang in their new home.
- Big Cat Rescue – Tyndale hosted a Saturday-night “Trivia and Brews” event to raise funds for this Florida animal sanctuary that rescues and houses exotic cats and rehabilitates injured or orphaned native wild cats. Our $1,250 donation helped sponsor a tiger named Simba, who was rescued from a circus.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Tyndale members joined the fight to help raise awareness and honor loved ones lost by wearing pink on Wednesdays throughout October. FAQs and other important information were shared throughout the month to educate members about the importance of screening and best practices for a healthy lifestyle to lower the risk of developing this disease.
- Autism Cares Foundation – Tyndale held a fundraising raffle that raised $2,030 in donations for this non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals and their families dealing with autism and special needs.
- Travis Manion Foundation – Tyndale sponsored members who participated in the Travis Manion Heroes 5k Run and Walk to remember and honor the fallen and those who’ve served our nation.
- Toys for Tots – Donation bins were placed in our PA buildings and Houston Distribution Center to collect members’ donations to support Toys for Tots locations serving 7,500 children in Bucks County and 26,000 children in Houston.
In addition to these important causes, Tyndale’s retail stores in Midland, TX; Williamsport, PA; Oklahoma City, OK; and Concord, CA have each selected a local charity that Tyndale supported by donating funds.
A new initiative in 2022 was our “Altruistic August” campaign, where members were encouraged to complete a calendar of daily ‘Actions for Happiness’ to promote kindness, empathy, and generosity, ultimately leading to increased happiness. Although this was a one-month campaign, altruism is alive and well throughout the entire year at Tyndale. It’s embedded into our very core.
We couldn’t do it without you! Your valued business enables us to positively impact our local communities and support worthy national non-profit organizations. We look forward to continuing our tradition of giving back as Tyndale’s Proud to Help Committee prepares to select charities nominated by our members to support in 2023. If unexpected needs arise during the year – as they did in 2022 – we know our members will step forward to respond with compassion and a willingness to help. We’re confident that as Tyndale continues to grow, so will our generosity!
For more information on Tyndale’s Proud to Help Committee, visit: https://tyndaleusa.com/about-us/proud-to-help/