At Tyndale we’re committed to providing not only quality products and reliable service, but also in-depth education and industry leadership. We work diligently all year long to create new and engaging resources that make it easy to expand your knowledge and better protect yourself and your workers. As we look ahead to the promise of a new year filled with exciting plans for new products and innovation, we’re also looking back at the highlights of 2021.
Join us as we countdown some of our viewers’ favorite blog articles and most-watched videos this past year:
Top 5 Blog Posts
- Diving Deeper: Arc Week Season 2 Series Hub – We took Arc Week to new depths this year, with guest experts and even an actual shark dive on location off the coast of Florida – all to show it’s possible to do something that seems inherently dangerous safely, IF you have appropriate hierarchy of controls – including behavioral safety, situational awareness, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Dive in with this popular post, which includes the season overview, trailer video, and links to watch all five episodes.
- Dangers of Improper Wear Series Hub: This post kicks off our Dangers of Improper Wear series, which examines many of the common mistakes people make when wearing AR / FR clothing, with real-world arc flash video footage that shows just how substantial each mistake can be. In each of our 11 episodes (all linked here) you’ll find powerful examples of why wearing the right PPE, and wearing it properly, makes all the difference – with expert commentary from Scott Margolin, Vice President of Technical.
- 6 Tips to Combat Cold Stress: One of our most recent posts, this blog quickly became one of the most-viewed of the year. Scott Margolin, Vice President of Technical, shares six key tips for keeping yourself and others around you safe this winter.
- FRC – How it’s Tested Series Hub: AR / FR from qualified suppliers like Tyndale undergoes rigorous testing to ensure it will perform as expected in the event of an arc flash or flash fire. But what are the tests, and how can you be sure? This series examines many of the major tests to see what they measure, how they measure it, what that means to someone like you who is specifying or wearing the garment, and how you can be sure your PPE starts with and retains its protective properties through its full service life. This post includes the series overview, sneak peek video, and links to all 21 episodes about testing for AR / FR clothing, rainwear, boots, hi-vis, and more.
- Do AR / FR Shirts Need to be Tucked in? This post with companion video explains why tucking your AR / FR shirt in to your AR / FR pants is just as important as buttoning your shirt and rolling your sleeves down when it comes to staying both safe and compliant with industry standards. Scott Margolin, Vice President of Technical, breaks it down with information from three industry standards.
Top 5 Videos
- FR Leadership in Trying Times: Thousands of viewers tuned in to this powerful story about how our team came together and pivoted early in the pandemic to produce and distribute AR / FR COVID-19 face masks – which do not contribute to injury in the event of an arc flash for flash fire – to workers in the field.
- Arc Week Season 2, Episode 2 – Hidden Dangers – 3 Things to Know About Layering Above CAT2: Together, the series trailer and all five episodes topped our video charts this year, and episode 2 was particularly popular. Visit the series hub to catch all of this 2021 fan favorite that’s packed with important lessons about risk protection and PPE.
- The Importance of FRC: Seeing AR / FR clothing perform in the real world is vital to understanding why you need it. Watch this video to witness the power of arc flash and flash fire incidents, and see for yourself the difference the right PPE makes.
- Dangers of Improper Wear, Episode 2 – Base Layers Should Not Melt: The fact is, meltable base layers are neither compliant nor safe. Tune in to this episode to see why, and don’t miss this popular series as we put common AR / FR clothing mistakes to the test.
- What is Tyndale Doing to Better Serve Women? Gone are the days when AR / FR “for women” was simply an adjusted version of a garment designed originally for men. This video explains why this shift is critical not only for comfort, but also for safety.
Hungry to learn more? We have everything you need to dig deeper – and share the knowledge:
- Check out our FR Safety Resource Hub to access our blog, watch helpful videos, explore tools, learn the answers to frequently-asked questions, browse training guides on topics like best practices for garment care and maintenance, and more.
- Browse our curated Resource Collections for more information about specific topics.
- Explore our Series Resource Hub, a library of original series broken up into digestible episodes – all featuring information from industry experts and brought to life with video.
Wishing you a happy, healthy, and safe year – in 2022 and beyond. Stay tuned all year long for new educational content, training tools, and technical resources!