The holiday season is a season of giving, but at Tyndale, being of service to others is at the very essence of our organization throughout the entire year. In 2021 Tyndale employee “members” continued to make a difference through volunteering, advocacy, and fundraising efforts led by our Proud to Help Committee, founded by CEO, Gail Whittenberger.
In the past year, Tyndale members have made significant contributions to organizations supporting underprivileged young children and youth (Bear Resources and Baker Ripley), a leaders-in-training program supporting underserved youth (Princeton Blairstown Center), local foodbanks (Philabundance and Houston Food Bank), and an animal rescue organization (Aark Wildlife Education & Rehab Center). They have also worked to enhance local outdoor spaces (Peace Valley Nature Center and Houston Parks Board). Details on those outreach programs were summarized in our August 6th post, “Tyndale is Proud to Protect, and Just as Proud to Help.”
And that’s not all! Tyndale employees finished out the year by generously donating their time and resources toward many other worthy causes. Below are highlights of our most recent 2021 initiatives:
- Travis Manion Foundation: 31 Tyndale members participated in 5k races held in Feasterville, PA and Houston, TX to support veterans and families of injured and fallen heroes. The company also generously donated 9/11 memorial pins to all members who wanted to wear one throughout the month of September.
- Fisherman’s Mark: When Hurricane Ida hit the Northeast, our neighbors in the Delaware River Valley were struck with tornados and flooding. Our Proud to Help Committee quickly pivoted to collect donations of cleaning and hygiene supplies for Fisherman’s Mark, a local social services organization. Tyndale additionally made a monetary donation toward the relief efforts.
- Tyndale members supported breast cancer awareness by wearing pink on Thursdays during October. FAQs and other important information were shared throughout the month to educate members about the importance of screening and best practices for a healthy lifestyle to lower the risk of developing this disease.
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America: Tyndale’s Proud to Help Committee put together a fundraising raffle with 15 exciting prizes to raise nearly $3,000 in donations. This national organization provides support, services, and education to individuals, families, and caregivers affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Tyndale added an optional green ribbon logo to our employee apparel program to support mental health awareness. For each item ordered with this logo, Tyndale made a monetary donation to NAMI, which provides mental health education, awareness, and advocacy against the social stigma of mental illness.
- In addition to these important causes, each retail store has selected a local charity. Tyndale has supported these organizations through a general donation.
Thank you for your support! By choosing Tyndale, you enable us to contribute to worthy national non-profit organizations and positively impact the local communities where we work. These locations include our distribution centers in Pipersville, PA and Houston, TX, as well as our store locations in Midland, TX; Williamsport, PA; Oklahoma City, OK; and Concord, CA.
Tyndale’s Proud to Help Committee is busy reviewing and selecting charities nominated by employees for 2022. The Committee also realizes that unexpected needs arise during the year – as they did in 2021 – requiring the quick response and generosity of Tyndale members. We have every confidence that they will continue to respond to these needs with compassion and a willingness to help. That’s the Tyndale way!
For more information on Tyndale’s Proud to Help Committee, visit: https://tyndaleusa.com/about-us/proud-to-help/