Think cold stress is only dangerous to the person becoming affected? Think again. Cold stress can dramatically slow reaction times – leading to an industrial accident. Scott Margolin, Vice President of Technical, shares six key tips for keeping yourself and others safe this winter:
So what can you do to keep yourself and others safe from cold stress this season?
As Scott shares, there are six key steps to preventing cold stress:
- Recognize the conditions
- Recognize the symptoms
- Wear adequate clothing
- Work in pairs
- Take breaks in a warm place
- Drink warm beverages
Be sure to watch the video to learn how these steps work together to keep you safe.
Gearing up for cold weather? Don’t miss these posts for more information as winter approaches:
- What is Cold Stress?
- Don’t Wait – Order Outerwear Now
- VIDEO: How Ordering Now Works to Your Advantage
- Top 3 PPE Accessories for Combatting Cold Weather & Illness
- Why You Should Never Wear a Non-FR Hoodie or Over AR/FR Clothing
- How do I Determine a Safe Layered Arc Rating?
- Should I Wear AR/FR Outerwear Over AR/FR Clothing?
- Bundling Up? Buckle Down on PPE.
And don’t forget: our Weather & Seasons Resource Hub is here to take the guesswork out of staying safe and comfortable in any conditions the forecast brings. Tune in today!