Standard Test Methods for Foot Protection
The ASTM F2412 test methods measure resistance of footwear to hazards that may result in injury to the worker.
These test methods may be used to test for compliance to minimum performance requirements in established safety standards. The test methods can be used to determine any one, or all of the following:
- The effectiveness of impact resistant footwear to eliminate or diminish the severity of injury
- The effectiveness of footwear to reduce buildup of static electricity from the wearer to the ground
- The effectiveness of the shock absorbance of the footwear
- The effectiveness of puncture resistance and chain saw resistant footwear
- The effectiveness of dialectic insulating footwear to reduce the possibility of injury when exposed to a high voltage charge.
The standard can be viewed and purchased from the ASTM website at: http://www.astm.org/Standards/F2412.htm